You want to come work with me?
I co-supervise students at the University of New Brunswick in the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs in Computer Science. With professor Yuhong Yan, I also supervise students at Concordia University in Montreal. I supervise students in the M.Sc. in Information Technology offered at TELUQ (in French only). I supervise graduate students at UQAM in the Computer Science and Cognitive Computer Science Ph.D. programs (in French).
Current post-doctoral fellows and graduate students
Current M.Sc. students
- Maxime Boisvert;
- Eric Kandja;
- Abdel Ghani Laaouissi;
- Brandon Smith (with Owen Kaser);
- Narcisse Ahossoude;
- Yassine Rabbouh;
- Achille Kamdem;
- José Dumont;
- Genevieve Lefebvre;
- Jean-François Grenier;
- Patrick Roberge.
Current Ph.D. students
- Erick Koffi Aokou (with Albert Lejeune);
- Tarek Khei (with Richard Hotte);
- Dara Aghamirkarimi;
- Ludovic Bocken (with Stevan Harnad and Max Silberztein);
- Xueping Dai (with Lizhen Cheng);
- Gary Germeil (with Hotte and Carignan);
- Chong Liu (with Lizhen Cheng and Michel Couteau).
- Shany Carle (M.Sc., 2017) teaches computer science at the CEGEP of Victoriaville (community college);
- Joseph Tumusenge (M.Sc., 2016);
- Samy Chambi (Ph.D. 2012-2016, with Robert Godin) is a software developer at MindGeek, his thesis was on Roaring Bitmaps;
- Jing Li (Ph.D. 2012-2016, with Yuhong Yan) holds a professorship in China at the Shandong University of Technology;
- Corriolan Claude (M.Sc., 2014-2016);
- Danièle Massicotte (M.Sc., 2011-2013) is now a senior project manager;
- Kushal Mehra (M.Sc., 2011-2013) has worked on cloud databases (thesis presentation);
- Charbel Matni (M.Sc., 2011-2013) is a senior BI consultant, he now works as a Business Technology Analyst for Deloitte Canada;
- Ikhtear Sharif (M.Sc., 2011-2013) worked on column compression in databases, his thesis was entitled Performance Evaluation of Fast Integer Compression Techniques Over Tables (his slides are available), he now works as a software developer for IBM;
- Djamel Garar (M.Sc., 2010-2012) has worked on improving Oracle database compression;
- Ferenc Molnar (M.Sc., 2010-2013) is a software specialist at Autolog;
- Julien Marais (M.Sc., 2010-2012) is an accounting system expert at the National Bank of Canada;
- Eduardo Gutarra (M.Sc., 2010-2012) is a software engineer with TIBCO in Texas. His thesis was on Multi-column Bitmap Indexing.
- Hamid Douzi (M.Sc., 2010-2011) is senior developer in business intelligence at IMBD.
- Minfang Tao (Master, 2011) was business analyst with BundleRank. She recently moved to Canada.
- Hazel Webb (Ph.D., 2005-2010) was Assistant Professor at the University of New Brunswick (Saint John, Canada). Her thesis was on Properties and Applications of Diamond Cubes.
- Kamel Aouiche (Post-doct., 2006-2008) is analyst with Société Générale (France).
- Steve Keith (M.Sc., 2004-2006) is Data Architect at Innovatia (Saint John, Canada). His thesis was on Efficient Storage Methods for a Literary Data Warehouse.
If you require funding as my graduate student, I require that you make every effort to apply for external sources of support.
If you are not Canadian, please see Quebec's Merit Scholarship program for foreign students. There are specific scholarships for students from some countries like India or China. This competition is open every year. It includes scholarships for 4-month stays as well as post-doctoral fellowships.
If you are Canadian, there are numerous funding opportunities:
- Quebec financial assistance programs;
- FQRNT scholarship programs (including scholarship for foreigners);
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships;
- NSERC scholarship programs;
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (scholarship program);
- StudentAwards – various scholarships;
- BusinessObjects' Academic Research Center (scholarships available).