You want to come work with me?
I supervise students in the masters in Information Technology offered at TELUQ and UQAM. I supervise graduate students at UQAM in the Computer Science and Cognitive Computer Science Ph.D. programs. I co-supervise students at the University of New Brunswick in the M.Sc. and Ph.D. programs in Computer Science.
Current post-doctoral fellows and graduate students
Current M.Sc./Master/D.E.S.S. students
- Danièle Massicotte;
- Djamel Garar;
- Toufik Lazri;
- Charbel Matni;
- Ferenc Molnar;
- Ikhtear Sharif (with Hazel Webb);
- Rohit Patidar (with Yuhong Yan);
- Kushal Mehra (with Yuhong Yan).
Current Ph.D. students
- Samy Chambi (with Robert Godin);
- Kenza Sakout Andaloussi;
- Jing Li (with Yuhong Yan);
- Tarek Khei;
- Badis Merdaoui (with Richard Hotte);
- Ali Assis (with Fatiha Sadat);
- Ludovic Bocken (with Béatrice Pudelko).
- Julien Marais (M.Sc., 2010-2012) is an accounting system expert at the National Bank of Canada;
- Eduardo Gutarra (M.Sc., 2010-2012) is a software engineer with TIBCO in Texas. His thesis was on Multi-column Bitmap Indexing.
- Hamid Douzi (M.Sc., 2010-2011) is senior developer in business intelligence at IMBD.
- Minfang Tao (Master, 2011) is business analysist with BundleRank.
- Hazel Webb (Ph.D., 2005-2010) is Assistant Professor at the University of New Brunswick (Saint John, Canada). Her thesis was on Properties and Applications of Diamond Cubes.
- Kamel Aouiche (Post-doct., 2006-2008) is analyst with Société Générale (France).
- Steve Keith (M.Sc., 2004-2006) is Data Architect at Innovatia (Saint John, Canada). His thesis was on Efficient Storage Methods for a Literary Data Warehouse.
If you require funding as my graduate student, I require that you make every effort to apply for external sources of support.
If you are not Canadian, please see Quebec's Merit Scholarship program for foreign students. There are specific scholarships for students from some countries like India or China. This competition is open every year. It includes scholarships for 4-month stays as well as post-doctoral fellowships.
If you are Canadian, there are numerous funding opportunities:
- Quebec financial assistance programs;
- FQRNT scholarship programs (including scholarship for foreigners, site is in French);
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships;
- NSERC scholarship programs;
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (scholarship program);
- StudentAwards – various scholarships;
- BusinessObjects' Academic Research Center (scholarships available).