Through Downes’ I found this to a report on the state of blogging. The numbers are amazing:
- 8 million American adults say they have created blogs;
- blog readership jumped 58% in 2004 and now stands at 27% of internet users;
- 5% of internet users say they use RSS aggregators or XML readers to get the news and other information delivered from blogs and content-rich Web sites as it is posted online;
- 12% of internet users have posted comments or other material on blogs.
- 62% of internet users do not know what a blog is.
You may subscribe to this blog by email.