Following on my earlier post about wordpress statistics, I decided to pull out my most frequently commented posts:
select count(comment_id) as cnt,post_title,guid
from wp_posts, wp_comments
group by post_title having cnt>12 order by cnt desc;
It seems that often commented posts fall in one of these categories:
- offer some help regarding a very common technical problem (winfixer);
- have a controversial title/content;
- present or discuss a definition (blogging/CS education/…);
- present recent research results people can possibly use right away (collaborative filtering).
Topics that are especially popular seem to be:
- what are universities doing, what should they teach and how should they teach it?;
- useful, nice and simple programming tricks;
- how can I use social software (blogging) to get ahead?
I should point out that my goal is not to get more comments. I don’t write this blog to get comments, though please, do comment away!