Hartley and Branthwaite (1989) have done a questionnaire study of productive psychologists. They make the following recommendation for best productivity:
- Make a rough plan;
- Complete sections at a time;
- Use a word processor if possible;
- Revise and redraft at least twice;
- Spend about 2–5 hours writing each week;
- Find quiet conditions in which to write;
- Set goals and targets;
- Get colleagues and friends to comment on early drafts;
- Collaborate with trusted friends.
Source: Sylvie NoÃ«l.