Skip to content
- In the United Kingdom, only a tiny minority of high school female students take computer science (0.4% in 2017). Physics is ten times more popular.
- Russians once drilled a 12-km deep hole. Apparently, it gets very hot as you dig deeper.
- Deep neural networks can detect myocardial infarction in electrocardiography (ECG) better than the state-of-the-art. In clear: artificial intelligent can find out whether you are having a heart attack with high accuracy, assuming that you are wearing the right sensors.
- Drinking coffee, even lots of it, is good for you.
- Every year, more and more research papers are made freely available online. Sadly, in most fields, it is still a tiny minority of the published research. The net result is that if you are not affiliated with a university, it is hard to have access to the latest research.
- Spiders can fly over long distances.
- Aspirin might help keep Alzheimer’s at bay (speculative)
- Viruses might trigger Alzheimer’s (speculative).
- Stem cells helped a bit to improve the outcome after a heart attack in macaque monkeys.