- There is a new drug reaching phase-3 clinical trials (the last phase) for knee osteoarthritis. It seems to be able to regrow cartilage.
- Bank of America analysts predict that human lifespan will soon reach 100 years old. If that sounds crazy, consider what demographers have been telling us for years:
According to estimates published by the Office for National Statistics the average life expectancy for newborn girls in the UK is on course to reach just under 97 years and four months within just over two decades. (Source: The Telegraph)
- Stem cell therapies restore the sense of smell… in mice.
- One in 10 Americans age 65 or older has Alzheimer’s disease. There is no cure.
- Alert Web 2.0 is an online open-access tool to determine optimal caffeine doses.