- Moderna built their COVID 19 vaccine without having the virus on site. They viewed it as a software problem.
- Human and mice with red hair have elevated pain thresholds.
- Tumors (cancer) consume high levels of sugar. You would think that it means that cancer cells consume a lot of sugar, but it appears that it is not case. Non-cancer cells within tumors are responsible for the high intake in sugar.
- Exergames are physical activities that also stress our intelligence. It appears that exergames might have tangible cognitive benefits.
- Women are entering menopause at an ever older age. They gained a year and half since since 1960.
- About 2.5 billion tyrannosaurus rex lived during the 2.4 million years that the species existed.
- Medical doctors tend to be pessimistic and to overestimate your probability of disease, which may lead to unnecessary treatments.
One thought on “Science and Technology links (April 17th 2021)”
I consider myself extremely fortunate that I received my first shot of the Moderna Vaccine on Thursday last. It is kind of fitting that it was developed as an exercise in software.
You may subscribe to this blog by email.