- Most people were able to cure their diabetes by losing weight in a clinical trial.
- Video games improve intelligence over many years, while socializing has no effect.
- To go to Mars safely, time is of the essence because astronauts would be exposed to radiations and particles from outside of solar system.
- It is unlikely that there is an upper bound to human longevity under 130 years. Though men have a drastically reduced longevity compared to women, it appears that once you reach 108 years, there may not be any gender difference.
- Recent progress having to do with protein folding can be largely attributed to better hardware and more data, and not really to a better understanding of protein folding. The same could be said for natural language processing. (Speculative)
- The children of the survivors of Chernobyl do not have excess mutations. It is consistent with a worldview that radiations are less harmful to our biology than commonly assumed.
- Researchers have built flexible glass that is much stronger and flexible. It does not shatter easily.
2 thoughts on “Science and Technology links (October 3rd 2021)”
Sir, link 4 appears to be missing. Could you add it please?
Sorry. Here is the link: https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.202097
You may subscribe to this blog by email.