- Government-funded research is getting more political and less diverse:
The frequency of documents containing highly politicized terms has been increasing consistently over the last three decades. The most politicized field is Education & Human Resources. The least are Mathematical & Physical Sciences and Computer & Information Science & Engineering, although even they are significantly more politicized than any field was in 1990. At the same time, abstracts have been becoming more similar to each other over time. Taken together, the results imply that there has been a politicization of scientific funding in the US in recent years and a decrease in the diversity of ideas supported.
- Parabiosis is the process of tying the blood vessels of animals. Zhang et al. proceeded with parabiosis between young and old mice, followed by a detachment period. The old mice lived longer than control mice and they appear to have been rejuvenated by the parabiosis.
- A single injection to enable paralyzed mice to walk again.
- The Artic has been warming for much longer than we thought.
- Dog fed only once daily are healthier.
- India fertility rate is now below replacement rate.