- Attractive female students get better grades. They lose this benefit when courses move online.
- A research paper is much more likely to be highly ranked if the author is famous.
- The USA has many more prisoners than police officers (three prisoners for every police officer), while every other developed country has the reverse ratio.
- Diluting the blood plasma of older human beings rejuvenate them.
- Saturated fat, as found in meat and dairy products, is not associated with bad cardiovascular health. In other words, eating butter does not harm your heart.
- An electric car has reportedly about half the carbon footprint as that of a conventional car.
- India has overtaken the United Kingdom by GDP. The five largest economies are the United States, China, Japan, Germany and India. They are followed by the United Kingdom (6th), France (7th), Canada (8th), Italy (9th) and Brazil (10th). The second richest person in the world is Gautam Adani from India, the richest person being Elon Musk.
2 thoughts on “Science and Technology links (September 16 2022)”
It’s big news that India has overtaken the UK as the fifth largest economy in the world. To be more specific though, are we referring to national economies only? I thought that California had the world’s fifth largest economy. Is this no longer true?
I recommend following the provided link. I do not prepare the analysis: these are links.
You may subscribe to this blog by email.